Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our help section, On this page you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the internet issues, about megahertz, about our plan & offers and many more.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for,
you can call us at +91 8126996996 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What documents can I give as Identity Proof and Address proof?
You can attach self-attested copy of any one of them for Proof of Address & proof of Identity.
- Aadhaar (UID) Card
- Voter ID Card
- Current passbook of Post Office/PSU Bank as Proof of Address, having photo as Proof of Identity & Address.
- Photo Identity Card having address of Central Govt./PSU or State Govt. /PSU only.
- Certificate of address having photo, issued by MP/MLA/Group A Gazetted Officer in letter head.
- Certificate of address with photo from Govt. Recognized educational institutions (for students only)
- Pensioner’s Card having Photo with address.
- CGHS/ECHS Card
- Address card with photo issued by Dept. of Post, Govt. of India.
- Caste & Domicile Certificate with Photo & Address issued by State Govt.
- Freedom Fighter Card having Photo & Address
- Certificate of address having photo issued by Village Panchayat head or equivalent authority. (For rural areas)
- Kisan Passbook having Photo with Address.
I need help with my router as my internet connection is not working?
- Router issues may result in internet connection disruption. Rebooting the router or switching it off and on can solve the problem.
- Unplug your router, wait for some time and re-plug.
- Attempt to reconnect to internet.
- If the issue is still not resolved or you do not have connection issues with the router, then you may please call to us on +91 8057000030 or mail us at email@example.com
My internet is not working, what should I do?
First check the LEDs on the router –
If No LED is glowing, then
- Ensure power cable is connected to CPE and power supply is available.
- If power is not coming, pls. change the socket on different power source to verify the availability of power.
- If adapter is faulty, pls. replace with the working adapter.
If only WAN LED is not glowing
- Ensure WAN Cable is properly connected on the WAN port of CPE.
- If cable is loose, plug out and plug in the WAN cable again.
- If still LED is not coming up, please power off device and power on after 5 sec.
- If the problem is still not resolved, then please call to us on +91 8057000030 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If WAN and LAN/Wi-Fi LEDs are glowing solid green, then
- If you are connected by LAN cable
a. Ensure that DHCP option is enable in your Ethernet card.
b. Check TCP/IP Setting in your Device by typing in Start -> Run > ncpa.cpl and press enter.
c. Radio button should be checked (Obtain an IP Address automatically & Obtain DNS server address automatically)
d. Check cable from Router LAN port to your PC / Laptop Ethernet port.
e. Verify your IP with following steps:
- Click on start button in window.
- Click on run
- Type cmd, a window dialog box will open
- Type ipconfig on command prompt.
- If you are not getting the IP address, then please call to us on +91 8057000030 or mail us at email@example.com
- If you are getting the IP Address, please try to ping Default Gateway.
- If you are getting reply after ping command, it means your connectivity from PC to CPE is fine
- If still your internet is not working pls. call customer care
- If you are not able to ping Default Gateway, it could be due to LAN connectivity issue, please call to us on +91 8057000030 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I install Megahertz FTTH (Fiber to the Home) connection?
Post successful account verification, our Installation team will visit your premises within 72 hours and install the FTTH connection and give you demonstration.
We support only equipment given by us.
What is FUP?
Fair Usage Policy (also known as Fair Access Policy or Bandwidth Cap) is implemented by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) where once you reach data transfer limit as per the plan opted, speed reduces to as stated in your plan and is reset as per plan at the start of your next monthly billing cycle.
What is static and dynamic IP address?
Static IP address always remains the same.
Dynamic IP address changes from session to session and is given to Business users.
How long will it take to install?
Once we have completed a free site survey to pre-approve your site, the installation can usually be scheduled within 3-5 working days. The actual on-site installation time can vary from 1 to 2.5 hours.
Do rain, snow fog or other weather affect service levels ?
No. WISP services are not directly affected by the weather.
What is a Wireless broadband connectivity ?
Fixed wireless broadband provides high speed Internet access without cable, fiber or phone-line connections. Data is securely transmitted wirelessly for two-way communications cable of data, video and voice.
What does an 'always on' connection mean? How do I connect to the internet ?
An ‘Always On’ Connection means that you are always connected to the internet. You just have to enter your Username and Password to gain access to the Internet. You don’t need to dial any phone number.
What are the advantages of Broadband ?
Broadband allows you to complete your task of downloading or uploading large-sized files or multimedia content web pages much faster than a Dial-up Internet, 2G and 3G connection and thereby saving your valuable time, and giving you a superior internet experience.
What is FTTH?
FTTH stands for Fiber-to-the-Home. This means a fiber optic line is hooked directly to your home or business. Fiber optic line uses a thin strand of glass to transmit beams of light that carry an amazing amount of data. This delivers high-speed Internet services.
How can I make the bill payment?
You can make offline bill payment via check,cash or online bill payment via Paytm.
How do I check my Bill?
Billing of the customer is started from the first day of installation and the billing cycle is 30 days. Your bill is sent to your registered Address on your bill generation date.
I have seen a new plan which meets my requirement but my bill cycle is not over, can I change the plan in between?
Yes, you may change the plan anytime by giving the request by Contacting us at our Customer care. Click here to contact us.